With tomorrow being July 4th I’m sure many people have plans to spend the day with family and friends around a pool, lake or ocean, I know some of us certainly do! So here are some waterside safety tips to keep your family celebration afloat!
• If there’s no lifeguard on duty, ALWAYS use the buddy system
• If you’re in the ocean make sure to know what the tides are like that day
• Make sure kids are always in earshot and line of sight
• Know your own ability, don’t try to do anything you’re not ready for
• If there’s a gate on your pool, make sure it’s closed if no adults are on the deck
• Be sure to apply sunscreen early and reapply regularly throughout the day.
• Don’t swim if you’re intoxicated
• Don’t swim if there’s a thunderstom
• Heed any warning signs or verbal warnings from any staff near the water
• Only use equipment provided for its intended purpose
• And the most important tip of all… HAVE FUN
Happy 4th of July!